Healthy Kids + Strong Families = Thriving Communities
Since its inception in 2004, Family Tree Relief Nursery has helped hundreds of children and their families to stay together as a family unit. Family Tree Relief Nursery is the only private, nonprofit organization in the area that provides the following services: a therapeutic classroom and nursery care for both toddler and preschool-aged children; home visitation and outreach services; respite care and crisis intervention; parent education and support; alcohol and drug recovery support as well as referrals to other community resources and services.
Oregon’s Relief Nurseries show impressive results in reducing the number of days Relief Nursery children spend in costly out of home placements. An independent evaluation of Oregon Relief Nursery programs for 2007-2008 found that Relief Nursery children are less likely to be abused following their enrollment in the program, and Relief Nursery children are more likely than children statewide to be reunited with their parents.
Relief Nurseries improve lives, save money and contribute to school readiness by:
- Keeping children safe in their homes;
- Substantially reducing family risk factors associated with child abuse and neglect;
- Reducing the number of children in foster care.
- Enhancing early literacy and increasing school readiness;
- Quickly making a financial impact in their community (for each tax dollar spent, OR saves nearly $4 in costs associated with child abuse, unemployment, criminal behavior and other social issues).